Saturday, October 5, 2013

Huge Beauty Bargains, Itty Bitty Haul

Welcome to my blog where I conquer the evils of a chronic neurological condition with beauty products and a lot of postive attitude. Today's episode finds us in the local Dollar Tree where I was looking for something but for the life of me couldn't remember what it was I was supposed to be looking for. O____O Eh, such is life when you have memory issues. If I don't write it down there's not a snowball's chance in Hades that I will remember it. Thankfully I have plenty of apps on my phone to help me remember all the things I can't remember. Well, except for when I forget to put the information into my app; then, the app can't remember it either. Oh well, I was at Dollar Tree for something and I discovered a delightful little selection of Milani and Rimmel products.


So I picked up a 2 Milani Lip Flash, 1 Milani Color Perfect Lipstick, 1 Milani Metallic Baked Eyeshadow, and 1 Rimmel Glam'eyes Quad Eye Shadow. Everything I purchased was a dollar each. So for 5 bucks I scored some great products. I don't mind that they are discontinued products. What I care about it if they are quality products. So let's take a closer look to see if they are any good.


First up is the Milani Metallic Baked Eyeshadow in Teal the Truth. Can we talk about the color of this shadow for a second. This turquoise is so rich and so luxurious. It has the perfect amount of blue with a prominent gold shimmer and in certain lighten it picks up a lesser teal green sheen as well. There is just the tiniest amount of turquoise glitter in it. This formula has the perfect amount of pigmentation. With one swipe it provides great color, with a second swipe it provides full on opaque color. If you so desired you could use a light hand and sheer out this shadow as well. If you wanted truly bold color you could apply this shadow wet and that's when the magic happens. This shadow becomes this creamy, shimmery, metallic beauty. It's absolutely stunning. This could quite possibly be the best dollar I have spent in my entire life. I am in love with this shadow.


Next is the Rimmel Glam'eyes Quad in Dark Signature. This is the first Rimmel Quad I have purchased. I have a few Rimmel products that I truly enjoy, such as the Kate Moss lip collection; I figured it was time to try out their shadows. It swatches nicely and it feels soft and buttery. It isn't as pigmented as Wet n Wild shadows; but it builds easily. The colors are nice and blend smoothly. The cream shade is a shimmer, the lavender is a matte and the other two are satin finishes. I am looking forward to trying this quad; but so far it doesn't seem overly unique or incredibly amazing.


Now onto the Milani Lip Flash. I remember Cora from Vintage or Tacky talking about these quite a while back. So I jumped at the chance to pick these guys up for only a dollar each. I found Flashy which is a beautiful blue based magenta with glitter and Hot Flash which is a shimmery true red that has no glitter. Now this is where I will remind you that bright colors scare the snot out of me. However, I am enjoying both of these and am even wearing Flashy to work this morning. I had to be here at 7 am so I needed something to brighten my face and personality. I am working the front desk at the fitness center so I need to be perky and Flashy is just the thing I needed to help me achieve perky. Hot Flash is a beautiful example of a true red. See, most reds lean either orange or pink. If I wanted to wear a deep pink then I would just choose a deep pink and oranges just don't work well with my pink undertones. Anyway, I love the Lip Flash even though they aren't the smoothest or the creamiest but the color is just so beautiful that it's worth it. They do initially go on a bit sheer which is nice if you don't want neon lips but they do build up to fully opaque color. I am really enjoying these.


The last item of my Dollar Tree Haul was the Milani Color Perfect in Grape-tini. Why, might you ask, is a girl who is afraid of anything too colored buying a purple lipstick? Simple! My friend Cella of For The Love of Beauty told me to try a purple lip. So when I saw this one I jumped at the chance. Plus this one doesn't seem to be too intimidating. It's a dusty lavender with a gold micro glitter. It's a stunning color but it reminds me of MAC Courting Lilac and MAC Aristocat. The formula of Color Perfect doesn't seem to be as smooth as the new Color Statement line by Milani. However, it's a beautiful color and I will enjoy wearing it.


The following two products I had previously purchased from CVS. They are normally priced at $8.99 each but including sales and coupons I paid $3.50 for both! So I gladly decided to get out of my comfort zone and purchase another purple. Ok, so it's not THAT far outside of my comfort zone as it comes across as a pink rather than a purple. This shade is called Berry Couture and is in their new shine range. I love the formula of the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick as it goes on smooth and creamy. It feels great on the lips; but, I will admit that the shine range is a little sheerer than their other formulas. Overall, I am quite pleased with this purchase and have already been wearing this shade.


Last but not least is the other Revlon Super Lustrous in Plumalicious from my CVS shopping trip. Plumalicious is a medium rust brown based plum with a light pearl finish. I think it's an absolutely beautiful color and it's perfect for the fall. This is a smooth and creamy formula with a pearl finish that has just the slightest amount of plum microfine glitter so that it turns a beautiful shade of cranberry plum with the light hits it just right. This is exactly what my collection was needing for fall. 


Revlon Plumalicious, Revlon Berry Couture, Milani Gape-tini

Thank you so much for reading my little haul. I am really enjoying these new products and I hope you enjoyed reading about my new cheap finds. Even if you didn't read it then I hope you enjoyed the pictures. If you did then kindly show me a little love by leaving me a comment. Feel free to also follow me on  FacebookTwitter, and Instagram. Have a beautiful day and do something to that makes you or someone else smile.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you.