Thursday, January 2, 2014

Collective Bargain and Clearance Haul



Welcome to my blog where I use beauty products to help me cope with a chronic neurological condition. Since all the the sales are currently out in full force and because I saw all my other blogger friends getting such great bargains I decided to go looking bargain hunting myself.


When I saw that El from Glossy Glam Blog had run into a great clearance sale occurring at CVS and since CVS is my favorite drugstore I jumped at the chance to go. I have had my eye on this powder for so long. Every time I would go to CVS I would stop and look at this powder. It's just so pretty!! 


Yes, I realize that this powder will not always look this pretty but it's gorgeous. So when I discovered it was 50% off, which was less than $5.00, I snatched it up! It is in the color Light, of course and I am anxious to try it. 


Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Polish was 75% off, making them just over $1 each, and these two colors seemed like colors I would enjoy so I gladly took them home. These colors are Pink Zinfandel and Stiletto Red.  


I also discovered some of the Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Polish on sale for 75% off, making them less than $2 each. I have had my eye on these polishes for quite some time but truthfully didn't want to pay almost $8 each for them. So I was quite pleased to find Azure and Plume in the bargain bin. 


 Next up, we have my least expensive purchase. NYC In A New York Minute Polish in Manhattan was only $0.49! I think this is a gorgeous color and I really like this formula. I am quite pleased to be adding this one to my collection. 


The last polish I purchased at CVS is the Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle in Precious Pearl. This photo does not do this polish justice at all. It is so beautiful and iridescent. I paid less than $2 for this little jewel. 


I was quite pleased to find these two liners in the bargain bin. This is my favorite drugstore liner. This liner will last through anything! It's a great drugstore alternative to MAC Liquidlast and these colors, Endless and Infinite, are absolutely stunning. I paid just about $4 for each of these. 


I'm not gonna lie. I have recently become a false lash junkie. So, I was very pleased to have found these guys just hanging out in the clearance bin. I paid less than $3 for each and was thrilled to find these particular styles available. 


Last but not least I found the Revlon Powder Blush in Berry Rich on clearance for 75% off, making it less than $3. I have not ever tried this type of powder blush from Revlon and am looking forward to trying it. 


It's a lovely lighter mauve shade which should suit my fair skin tone quite well. It appears to have the tiniest bit of shimmer. 

Next, I took a trip to Walgreens to see what goodies I could find there.


I picked up a couple more Jordana Twist and Shine. At only $2.99 these are a great product at a great price. I picked up Cranberry Crush which I've had my eye on for quite some time and I also picked up Honey Love. 

Jordana Twist and Shine in Cranberry Crush and Honey Love
Cranberry Crush is a beautiful berry colored stain and Honey Love is a great natural color which is just slightly darker than my own lip color.



It seems that Target had put some makeup items on clearance. At only $3.24 each I figured it was finally time to try the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush. I am not gonna lie the texture completely freaks me out but I have heard they perform well. 


They didn't have a lot of shades to select from but I picked up two of the three shades that were available. I picked up Hot Tamale (L) and Plum Wine (R). 


Hot Tamale appears to be bright pinkish cherry red but when applied to the cheeks (top) it sheers out to a beautiful natural pink flush. Plum Wine is a rich berry plum shade which sheers out to a lovely plum shade on the cheeks. It is perfect for the richer hues of fall and winter. 


Then there was a GREAT sale on Revlon Lip Butters! They had 2 packs on clearance for $2.98. I was sad that they only had 3 colors but I bought all 3 of them and split each package with my sister.



I can't believe that I was able to purchase 6 Revlon Lip Butters for about the same cost as 1! Talk about a great bargain! This formula is so creamy, smooth and feels so great on the lips. I am thrilled to have found this bargain! 

Revlon Lip Butters in Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait and Berry Smoothie

The three colors I purchased are Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait and Berry Smoothie. Creme Brulee is a tan nude which gives very little color. It mainly provides shine to the lips and this color is great to lighten up shades which you feel might be a tad dark. Peach Parfait is a lovely peachy pink with a golden shimmer which provides a little color and a lot of shine! Berry Smooth is a rich berry color which looks juicy on the lips. 


Then there might have been an onslaught of Sinful Colors. Granted all of these were full price but at $1.99 it was easy to go overboard. All of these glitters were just calling my name. Some of them are from the permanent collection but some are from their limited edition holiday collection. All of them are very difficult to photograph but I tried. 


Tinsel & Shine is generous amount of multi-colored bar holographic bar glitter in clear polish which really shines when it catches the light. These photographs are with and without flash and with one, two and three coats. 


Gold Tinsel is a generous amount of gold and rose gold bar glitter in a clear polish. This polish is absolutely stunning in person.  



Silver Rainbows is a modest amount of holographic bar glitter in a clear polish. This polish is so gorgeous out in the sunlight. Words cannot describe how beautiful it is. 


All About You is a gold glitter with a slight amount of red glitter thrown in for good measure.When one coat is applied it is an amazing glitter top coat. When you apply three coats you get full on gold sparkle!  


 Charmed is a microfine holographic glitter that really twinkles under bright lights. It reminds me a lot of China Glaze Fairy Dust.


 Last but certainly not least is Top Me Off. Which is a holographic and blue holographic glitter polish. With one coat it adds some amazing dimension and with three coats it's bring on the bling!


I sincerely hope you enjoyed this collective bargain haul. I really enjoyed finding such great products at amazing prices. Kindly let me know in the comments if you'd like a full review on any of the products I purchased. I would be glad to do so. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.