Monday, January 27, 2014

Ipsy, Is It Worth It? January 2014

Welcome! In this post we will explore my Ipsy monthly subscription service. I received my bag very late this month due to some complications with my account. Luckily, customer service took excellent care of me and we were able to get everything worked out. 


January's Ipsy theme is 19 Reasons 2014 Will Be Amazing. It seems like a strange theme for the month. I would think they could go with something a bit simpler but they didn't ask for my opinion. However, they did ask my reason which is that I will embrace love, kindness and acceptance. This bag was not my favorite but I won't complain. It's still fun to get a package and to try new products. 



The first product I see is A! Absolute Makeup Cleansing Tissues, Value $1.20. This handy packet of ten cleansing tissues contains Vitamin E and Cucumber Extract.  They claim to thoroughly remove eyeliner, shadow, lipstick, blush and even waterproof mascara without irritation.


Next we have the Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion in Argan Rosewater, value $6.47. "This lightweight formula provides continuous moisture throughout the day, while replenishing essential skin nutrients. Moroccan Argan oil intensely hydrates and replenishes skin, rosewater evens out tone and smoothes texture and Shea butter locks in moisture and improves skin elasticity." 


Also included was the Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil, value $6.99, in Penny. This miniature pencil is "not your ordinary eyeliner. This gel eyeliner is smooth like butter and lasts all day without smudging." 


Next up, we have this terrible cute little 2ml vial of Marula Oil, value $3.12. "Light and powerful, Marula natrual skin care oil leaves skin soft and supple with increased elasticity and firmness for healthy, beautiful and age defying radiance."


Last but not least, we have the Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in Natural,value $18.75. "Mica Beauty's 24 hour Tinted Lip Balm conditions your lips without smudge while delivering sophisticated finish. Infused with Vitamen E, Mica Beauty's Tinted Lip Balm helps keep your lips soft, smooth and protected."

While this month's Ipsy bag didn't exactly bring the wow factor I am still thrilled with my subscription and look forward to trying these items. The total value for this month's Ipsy bag is $36.53!! Not too shabby when it only costs $10.00. I would definitely Ipsy is worth it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.