Thursday, April 3, 2014

Lunch With a View

Today, I had the opportunity to have lunch at Boyet’s work. For those that may not know, my husband is a chef at an exclusive restaurant. Everyday he get to go to work on the 49th floor in the clouds. This was the first time I had the pleasure of eating where he works and it was a complete delight. Due to the amazing views, this post is picture heavy.

I will admit that my balance issues made the elevator ride hell but I survived and I was able to enjoy a fantastic lunch with my darling hubby.

20140403_141034_3

I was blessed enough to go up to the 50th floor to explore the view from there. The 50th floor is their banquet space and luckily they had no banquets going on so we had ample opportunity to enjoy the view.

20140403_141006_3

The oval building at the bottom of this picture is Chesapeake Area where the OKC Thunder play. They close the street in front of the arena and turn it into Thunder Alley on game days. Since there is a game tonight they currently have the street closed and have built a basketball half court on the street. You can barely see it on the street in black and red. 

20140403_141623_3

The view is just breathtaking. It made me feel like I can see forever. I will admit that it’s a bit humid today so the view is a little less that clear.

20140403_141720_3

I grew up just a few miles from downtown Oklahoma City. I love this place because it’s got such a small town feel.

20140403_141648_2

We have a professional NBA team, a minor league hockey team, and a minor league baseball team. In addition the USA rowing team prepares for the Olympics in the river seen in the right side of the picture.

20140403_141246_2

Every day at work I look out the window and see Boyet’s work looming large in the OKC skyline. This was my first time to have the tables turned and to be at his work looking down on my building. It seems so small and insignificant compared to his.

20140403_141951_2

My lunch date was glorious. I had amazing food, great company and an amazing time. I am blessed to have such a great man who has been such a beautiful source of comfort for me recently.

 

To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived—this is to have succeeded. ~Bessie Anderson Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.