Friday, April 4, 2014

Time for a L’Oreal Haul

Welcome! I usually do Sunday Scores and Steals; but, unfortunately, I did not get one posted this past Sunday. Life has been crazy trying to help my Dad get settled into life without Mom. A couple of days ago I noticed that I had some CVS Extra Care Bucks that were about to expire, so I made an impromptu trip to CVS to see what goodies I could get my hands on.

20140403_201305_2

I picked up the L’Oreal Age Perfect Hydra Nutrition mainly because I don’t have my serums with me. I am still staying with my Dad until he is ready to fly solo; therefore, I only have a small handful of my things with me. Plus CVS was offering spend $30 get $10 ECB, L’Oreal is offering a $10 rebate and it was on sale for only $13.99. So I got it for a steal!

20140403_201324_2

I have heard great things about this and I wanted to try it for quite some time plus I needed to spend over $30 and I had a coupon for this one. After I receive the rebate back from L’Oreal I spent only $8 for the L’Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector.

20140403_201601_2

My darling friend Betti blogged about this collection in November; but, I am just now seeing this in America. She had such wonderful things to say that when I saw this collection I actually squealed with delight. The Collection Privee is part of the Women of Worth campaign by L’oreal. That offers six nude lipsticks and polishes, as well as, eyeshadow.

20140403_201509_2

Each nude lipstick is designed to flatter each of the six representatives. Of the collection of six, I purchased two. I purchased Julianne’s Nude which was created for Julianne Moore. It’s a beautiful pink nude.

20140404_09115620140404_092548_2

 

 

 

 


 


Julianne’s Nude is the perfect nude for me. It is exactly the same shade as my lips. It is the perfect shade for polishing off a dramatic eye or to top off an easy no makeup look.

20140403_201539_2

I also purchased Eva’s Nude which was created for Eva Longoria. It’s a lovely caramel colored nude. The Collection Privee is slightly sheer but easily builds to fully opaque and has a slightly glossy finish. It feels gorgeous on the lips.

20140404_09052820140404_091600_2

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eva’s Nude adds a perfect light caramel shade to my lips. It is an amazing choice for a natural look that’s easy to wear. I can see both of these shades getting plenty of love. There is the slightest hint of gold running through Eva’s Nude which adds a touch of magic to this shade.

20140403_201817_2

The other celebrities include Freida Pinto, Doutzen Kroes, Jennifer Lopez, and Liya Kebedeza. I am absolutely delighted with the two I chose from the collection and I am looking forward to putting them to good use! Other than the smell, it’s that classic L’Oreal lightly floral, perfumey smell, these are great additions to my collection.

~1515

My mother was a very talented quilter and we have discovered between two and three dozen quilts in various stages of assembly. My Dad has graciously offered to give us girls free reign of Mom’s quilt room provided we use put it to good use. After spending some time in the quilt room cleaning and organizing I am quite anxious to start quilting again. So in future posts you will see some of my quilting projects.

 

I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. ~Gilda Radner

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.